Resorts World Sentosa(RWS) or 圣 淘沙名胜世界 is one of the two integrated resorts (the other being MBS) located at the tourism island of Sentosa and the first to go operational in Singapore. Resorts World Sentosa is a collection of casino, hotels (including Hard Rock Hotel), resorts and attractions, including South east Asia’s first and only Universal Studios theme park and the world’s largest oceanarium.
[Updated 16 Jul 2014: Universal Studios Singapore has been ranked the top amusement park in Asia by online travel site TripAdvisor, beating the likes of Hong Kong’s Ocean Park, Tokyo Disneyland and Universal Studios Japan.]
Packed with 24 attractions, 18 of them new or adapted for Singapore. The theme park boasts a collection of many world firsts: the world’s biggest single collection of DreamWorks Animation attractions; the world’s first Far Far Away Castle from the world of Shrek; the world’s first Madagascar theme park ride (which makes its debut on the 16 May 2011); the Transformers ride which made its debuts since Dec 2011; the world’s tallest dueling roller coaster Battlestar Galactica (right), the world’s first Sci-Fi zone, and more. The ticket prices for passes to Universal Studios Singapore starts from a
weekday rate of S$74 $66 (weekend $72) for an adult and S$54 $48 (weekend $52) for a child, it has the lowest entrance fees compared to other Universal Studios around the world.
Marine Life Park
The Marine Life Park will be the world’s largest oceanarium and will house more than 100,000 marine animals.
These include 25 dolphins, which will be part of the park’s interactive programme that starts from 2013. It has opened its door to the public on 22 Nov 2012 ahead of its official grand opening on the 7 Dec 2012 with the 25 dolphins. The attraction will open from 10am to 6pm daily.
Tickets to the S.E.A Aquarium are priced at $38
$29 for each adult and $20 $28 each for children and senior citizens.
Entry to the Adventure Cove Waterpark is the same price.
Please take note to dress appropriately, no slippers, shorts and singlets are allowed just like any casino in other parts of the world.
- Take North-East line or Circle line to HarbourFront station.
- Take Exit E to VivoCity and proceed to level 3 to board the Sentosa Express. Alight 1 stop later at Waterfront station.
- Walk straight till you see Chili’s Restaurant on your right. Turn right and head towards the Universal Studios Globe.
More ways to get to RWS
Click here for the updated information from the official website on how to get to RWS.
- Official website Getting to Resorts World Sentosa
- Malaysian Food Street @ Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) : Is The Food Really Good? (alternate review)
- Save with Sentosa’s ‘Day Play Pass’
- Promotions and packages at RWS
- Almost a year later, Battlestar Galactica back in action
- First junket operators for casino
- S’pore’s first kids’ beach club opens in Sentosa
Last Updated on May 2015