Tax Refund in Singapore
The consumption tax in Singapore is known as the Goods and Services tax (GST) which is pegged at 7% currently. Under the the Tourist Refund Scheme to promote tourism shopping, a visitor to Singapore may claim for refund of the GST paid on purchases if you spend a minimum amount of S$300 at participating shops carrying the Tax Free Shopping or Premier Tax Free logo. Receipts of S$100 or more from different shops participating in the tax refund scheme can be pooled to meet the minimum requirement. Follow these simple steps:
- Spend a minimum of S$300 at a single participating shop or at least S$100 at each different participating shops to accumulate a total purchase of S$300
- Present your passport to the retailer to obtain a completed Global Refund Cheque
- Get the cheques validated at the Customs of Changi Airport Terminal 1 or 2 as proof of export (there are 2 GST refund operators, Global Refund and Premier Tax Free, in the Budget Terminal as well). The goods purchased, along with the receipts, must be presented for verification.
- Claim your GST refund in the form of cash, credit card, bank cheques or airport shopping vouchers at tax refund counters in the airport. A small handling fee will be deducted from the GST amount due to you.
For assistance, please contact:
Global Refund : 6546 5089 (Operating from 0530H to last departing flight)
Premier Tax Free : 6546 4353 (Operating from 0530H to last departing flight)
DFS Galleria: 6229 8102 (10am to 9.30pm)
GST Tax refund is not allowed if:
- The goods and services purchased are consumed in Singapore. Examples are entertainment expenses, medical expenses, dry cleaning, meals and beverages or goods consumed or left behind in Singapore.
- The Tourist's purchases' total value is less than S$300 if they shop at a store displaying the Tax Refund logo, or less than S$100 if they shop at a store displaying the Tax Free Shopping logo.
- Goods which are not presented, with the Claims Form, at the GST Refund Counter at Changi Airport or Seletar Airport.
Click here for the details for eligible criteria and conditions.