Askmelah is getting very worried with the latest round of booming constructions all around the island. Other than the building of three new hospitals, and the constructions of a few more MRT lines (which I have lost counts how many have been added over the last few years), some of the constructions Askmelah has spotted the building frenzies happening all over the islands are:
- SGH, KTPH
- Nanyang Polytechnic
HDB constructions in Woodlands, Seng Kang, Sembawang, Yishun, Ang Mo Kio, Tampines, Pasir Ris and got know where that I did not go to
- A big plot of land under construction in Canberra Link (You will see it on the right if you take the MRT from Semabawang to Yishun)
- New malls in Jurong East, Bedok, Boon Lay
- Changi airport terminal 4 (and 5?)
- Condo constructions all over the island
Askmelah is wondering are Singapore Government building all these infrastructures in preparation to accommodate the increase in population in the next 10 years??? As it is, there are already surpluses of private and public houses already, the buses and MRTs are not as badly packed as one year ago.
Who are we building all these expansion and new buildings for??? Obviously, this Government just don’t get it despite all the apologies for the screw-ups associated with the opening of the floodgate during the 1997-2011 period. The infrastructure and structural screw-ups and unhappiness are just the symptoms and manifests, the real reason deep down is we don’t want an immigration driven policy to keep our economy vibrant because it is not sustainable. This is especially so when many lecturers, teachers, students, cleaner ladies, cashiers, service staff, researchers etc etc are staffed with mainland speakers and you know the Government has gone overboard!
- Singapore population can’t keep rising (Part 1)
- Singapore population can’t keep rising (Part2) – The reactions to the most unpopular 6.9million population whitepaper
- Impact of liberal immigration policies begins to show – social tension on the rise (updated)
- A year of rude awakenings (2013)
- Construction boom, but challenges such as manpower shortage loom
- Government to Release 9 Confirmed and 14 Reserve Sites (10 Jun 14: “These 23 sites can collectively yield up to 10,200 private residential units – including 1,500 Executive Condominium (EC) units – and 352,000 square metres (sq m) of gross floor area of commercial space”)
- About 64,000 naturalised citizens between 2000 and 2010 – Yawningbread.com attempts to figure out the true picture of the population increase in citizenship, PRs and religion composition as there are very vague and confusing data released by various agencies and reports.