“Having been involved in three assessment reports, Dr Wong is not very optimistic that governments will put in place essential mitigation and adaptation infrastructure – despite the fact that measures, such as planting of mangroves, need not be costly.”Governments will drag their feet despite what the scientists say.””- Dr Wong Poh Poh
So the current batch of Singapore Government really want us to believe that they are doing the right thing not winning votes, then
- why building so many more houses despite knowing that the country infrastructure can not cope and social tension is on the rise?
- why spend $8billion of precious tax payers’ monies on the “pioneer package” that mostly are not needed by the beneficiaries and few understood what they will be getting and yet burden the current and future generation with potential tax increase to come with more un-targetted social spending that are wasteful?
- why every Government agency and ministries (SPRING, STB, MDA, NRF, MOE, STB, IDA, MICA, MCYS, MOF, MND etc etc) are wasting good monies to encourage innovations and entrepreneurship? Why not just have one ministry or one agency to manage them all? The real reason: it is about power, it is about who control the money to do their own programs to justify the officers and their bosses and bosses’ bosses promotion.
- Why the pay of ministers and civil servants are the highest paid public officers in the world even after the review when most locally born citizens felt that we are getting less ROIs from even higher salaries?
- Expatriates view Singapore the costliest city in the world while the income gaps widen. Inflation is up and things are more expensive now than ever, “why give us a stick by breaking our legs to wobble on” by giving the very poor more money (see point number 3)?
- Why are we giving more and more citizenship and scholarships to foreigners to marginalize our own people?
- More importantly, are our people happier now than they were 10 years ago?
The list can go on and on, so please PM and ministers, please cut the crap about the you are doing the right things for Singapore, rather it should be you think that they are doing the right things for Singapore but sadly many masses felt very unforgiving about the many policy mistakes in the last few years and you are continuing to make those mistakes, giving more handouts will not solve these problems that was created by this Government in the first place.